Saturday 20 October 2012

Race Day 20/10/2012

Thankfully the races weren't canceled this week therefore i was able to compete in my first 110m hurdles and 200m of this season. The 110m Hurdles were a little disappointing as after having a good warm up and a couple of amazing runs over the first two hurdles, I managed to smash the first hurdle with my knee in the race. This threw me completely off my race and clipping multiple other hurdles throughout the rest of the race. Although I did manage to recover the final time of 16.85 was much slower than I was anticipating. The other race I ran was the 200m. This race went much better. I decided to go out hard on the bend and in doing so ended up making the stagger on the whole field by the time I had reached the straight. The final time of 22.98secs was misleading as it doesn't show my easing up down the home straight, this however is a good  sign for things to come as being able to go sub 23 in my opener while still easing up is showing a lot of potential for what might be possible of doing in this event this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment